For more information on OA and related topics, check out these web resources
“The Buzz on Blue Carbon: an Introduction to Blue Carbon Concepts & Opportunities.” Get the basics on what blue carbon is, why it’s important, and what the opportunities are to benefit coastal protection and restoration needs. Participants will learn:
• Why blue carbon is important for restoration efforts
• Blue Carbon science – How effective coastal systems are at removing and storing carbon from the atmosphere; climate impacts of degraded habitats; and findings from a study in Puget Sound demonstrating the carbon benefits of restoration
• Markets and standards – How carbon markets work and what the opportunity is for wetland carbon finance
• How carbon projects are developed and what the requirements are to generate carbon credits for coastal wetland restoration activities
• Blue Carbon priorities going forward
NOAA, Sharing Ocean Acidification Resources for Communicators & Educators (SOARCE) – a monthly series of webinars with some of the stars of the field participating.